The big news of this week was the Grails 2.2 RC2 release. Please try out RC2 soon and help us to find issues before the GA release.
The Grails48 hackathon is this weekend, Nov 9-11th, 2012.
The 2012 Groovy & Grails Exchange is coming up soon – only one month away. I’ll be doing two talks and am really looking forward to it; the conference is one of the best and London is a cool city.
The Greach site has been updated for the 2013 conference in January. Get your tickets now for 90€ until November 30th when the prices go up, and if you have an idea for a talk send it in – the call for papers is still open.
I did a blog post this week: Grails SQL Logging part 2 – groovy.sql.Sql.
Translations of this post:
- Derived Properties In Grails
- Write unit tests with Spock: a tutorial to get you started
- Grails Docs Helper Script
- Grails GSP tag: grep
- Geb and Sikuli – Adding image recognition to help your functional tests see
- Jerry: A jQuery Like API for DOM Parsing
- An easier way to exclude methods from Grails JMX plugin services
- Grails 2.x Deployed to Websphere 7ish
- This Week in Spring – 30 October, 2012
There was one new plugin released:
- modules-manager version 0.2.1. Creates resources modules using packaged resources from Maven central repository
and 15 updated plugins:
- address version 0.2. An address domain object that can be embedded in other domain object to save redefining it all the time
- airbrake version 0.9.0. Notifier plugin for integrating apps with Airbrake
- cache version 1.0.1. Adds controller action, service method, and JSP fragment caching
- database-migration version 1.2. Official Grails plugin for database migrations
- external-config-reload version 1.2.2. Polls for changes to external configuration files (files added to grails.config.locations), reloads the configuration when a change has occurred, and notifies specified plugins by firing the onConfigChange event in each
- facebook-sdk version 0.4.3. Allows your application to use the Facebook Platform and develop Facebook apps on Facebook.com or on web sites (with Facebook Connect)
- fixtures version 1.2. Load test data via a convenient DSL
- html5-mobile-scaffolding version 0.4. Scaffolds HTML5 mobile application using jQuery mobile in a single page
- jsonp version 0.2. Override render method defined for all controller to add parameter callback function name to provide cross domain JSONP RESTful controllers
- kickstart-with-bootstrap version 0.8.6. Start your project with a good looking frontend, with adapted scaffolding templates for standard CRUD pages using Twitter Bootstrap
- neo4j version 1.0.0.M4. GORM for Neo4j
- newrelic version 0.4. Adds the NewRelic Real User Monitoring feature to your GSP pages
- spock version 0.7. Brings the power of the Spock testing and specification framework to Grails
- spring-security-saml version 1.0.0.M17. SAML 2.x support for the Spring Security Plugin
- twitter-bootstrap version 2.2.1. Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework resource files
- @tsuyocky: NTT Software launches #Groovy/#Grails support, education and consulting service: http://t.co/8XCnmIKg (backed up by VMware!)
- @xala3pa: Grails AngularJS web example mobile app – http://t.co/hoMdfE0a
- @winkler1: TodayILearned: #groovy List.getAt(int idx) will return null for a bad index-unlike ArrayList.get(int idx). Whah?!! –println ([‘a’])
- @jurberg: An easier way to exclude methods from Grails JMX plugin services: http://t.co/ppC1LY6H
- @DailyGrailsTip: Change constraint defaults by setting global constraints http://t.co/ukI8anr6
- @pledbrook: Playing with #groovy koans – http://t.co/WD2eNO3V – and liking what I see. Well thought out and worth contributing to. #groovy
- @osoco: Grails support for Sublime Text 2 https://t.co/cWgzSJzX #grails (@ArturoHerrero)
- @craigburke1: Transitioning from writing database scripts to #grails database migration on a project. Man, this is good stuff.
- @glaforge: My #groovy 2.0 webinar video published: http://t.co/bYkAWsyv and slides: http://t.co/St0uMjau
- @marcoVermeulen: The GroovyConsole still remains my fav piece of kit for trying out new #groovy tricks.
- @grails_rocks: Add your #grails & #groovy conferences / meetups / UGs / offered jobs to the Grails Rocks notice board http://t.co/VK4YeeHE & follow it
- @smaldini: so I’ll talk about Grails events, async and integration with Atmosphere, Vert.x and Spring Integration at GGX 2012 – quite excited
- @breskeby: updated #grails support in #macports to 2.2.0-RC2. use grails-devel port!
@gvmtool: Get #grails 2.2.0.RC2 on #gvm now!
‘gvm install grails 2.2.0.RC2’
- @mikekhusid: @sheetsj try #openshift. grails example https://t.co/5NaRANRU custom domains https://t.co/dgjY81p1
- @tomaslin: Had to restart my toy project on Heroku – http://t.co/EpTLDE9Q – 8 months uptime not bad.
- @energizedwork: w00t! @tomdcc will be talking about “Debugging Grails Database Performance” at London’s Groovy Grails Exchange #ggx – http://t.co/pDaubg9P
- @DailyGrailsTip: The built-in documentation engine can generate a pdf file when you pass in the –pdf flag – http://t.co/AiALjYCq
- @kenkousen: G in spock is silent @jeffscottbrown: @neal4d @bsletten … top “G” technology is fierce. #grails #groovy #gradle #git #spock (oh, wait)
- @albertovilches: Abierta la inscripción de Greach! Aprovecha el early bird hasta el 30 de Nov: http://t.co/bG2Qgl0r
- @DailyGrailsTip: Need more details about a #grails plugin? Call plugin-info on it – http://t.co/zCUa0TEv
- @Grails48: 200 hackers, 23 teams, awesome partners, mentors, judges and only 6 days away. If ur not excited u should be 🙂 #Grails #Groovy #Grails48
- @nagai_masato: gbench 0.4.0 released !! #groovy project site: http://t.co/Ihhfka46 release notes: http://t.co/lXuk367W
- @DailyGrailsTip: Want to find out more about how dataBinding changes in #grails 2.3 – check out the wiki – http://t.co/PZA74Vw4
- @bobbywarner: I’m excited to be a speaker at Groovy & Grails Exchange in London this year! #ggx #grails
- @craigburke1: Nice! Got some of my code merged into the new #grails site early this morning. I might have to do that again 🙂
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- SpringSource job search at jobs.vmware.com
- Contract Groovy / Grails Developer – Agile, RESTful in Watford, Hertfordshire
- Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA
- Senior Software Craftsman with Java/Grails exp in Ann Arbor, MI
- Software Engineer – Groovy/Grails in Lexington, MA
- @hybrisCole: estamos buscando 3 desarrolladores Java en PureSrc (Hibernate/SpringMVC/PostgreSQL/TwitterBootstrap), ojala Grails, muy buen salario
- Test Driven Developer opening at virtuwell in Minneapolis
- Java or Grails Developer – Java, Groovy, Spring in Irvine, CA
- Java Web Developer with Groovy & Grails experience in Plano, TX
- Groovy/Grails (Java/Spring) Developer – Санкт-Петербург
- @fxthoorens: I am hiring in France for my 2 #grails projects, @Grails48 is the first and last step before interview. Ping me to be part of the team.
- Grails developer in the GTA area, Ontario