Saturday, March 30th, 2013 10:49pm
The Groovy team released version 2.1.2 this week.
Check out Graeme’s blog post on the new async features in Grails 2.3.
Translations of this post:
There were 7 new plugins released:
- google-analytics-tracker version 0.1. Provides a simple way to embed your web application with page view tracking and event tracking of Google Analytics
- gorm-interceptors version 0.1. Interceptors for GORM methods (excluding find, countBy, addTo, removeFrom methods)
- mixpanel version 1.0. Integration with www.mixpanel.com analytics
- segmentio version 0.1.7. Use Segment.io to send your analytics data to any service you want, without you having to integrate with each one individually
- tika-parser version 1.3.0. Bundles the Apache Tika toolkit along with a parser service
- validate-config version 0.4. Adds methods to ConfigObject for validating expected and required properties
and 13 updated plugins:
- aws-sdk version 1.4.1. Use the Amazon Web Services infrastructure services
- clover version 3.1.11. Integrates the Clover code coverage tool
- code-coverage version 1.2.6. Generates code coverage reports using Cobertura
- facebook-sdk version 0.4.9. Allows your application to use the Facebook Platform and develop Facebook apps on Facebook.com or on web sites (with Facebook Connect)
- geasyui version 0.7. Supplies jQuery EasyUI resources and taglibs
- gson version 1.1.2. Provides alternate JSON (de)serialization using Google’s Gson library
- jaxrs version 0.7. Supports the development of RESTful web services based on the Java API for RESTful Web Services (JSR 311: JAX-RS)
- jdbc-pool version 7.0.37. Replaces default Grails Commons DBCP Pool with Tomcat JDBC Pool” target=’_blank’>http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/jdbc-pool/)
- jesque version 0.6.1. Groovier approach to using jesque
- recaptcha version 0.6.3. Integrates ReCaptcha and Mailhide services
- spring-security-facebook version 0.13.2. Plugin for Facebook Authentication, as extension to Grails Spring Security Core plugin
- uploadr version 0.7.1. HTML5 Drag and Drop file uploader
@daveklein: Have Grails, will travel … but no more than 50%.
Let me know if you need a Grails developer. daveklein at http://t.co/f8qfvmHsiJ
- @gr8conf: Surprise #gr8conf eu speaker: @springjuergen http://t.co/MytyqSSkGf on “Spring 4 and Groovy 2.0” http://t.co/FWLDTNeB6m #spring #groovy
- @paulk_asert: #groovy 2.1.2 bug fix release (useful 4 Gradle, Grails, Grab, StaticCompile, GroovyDoc, joint compile users) http://t.co/in2vc7LiXx
- @gvmtool: Groovy 2.1.2 now available on GVM! #groovy #gvm
- @aalmiray: super excited by the upcoming domain and scaffolding #griffon plugins; inspired by Grails and JMatter, they’ll rock your socks off 😉
@graemerocher: End of an era. Goodbye install-plugin 😀
- @mittie: #ReGina MEAP update is available, incl. mobile versions. Thx to @ManningBooks and my awesome crew of coauthors. #groovy
- @tomaslin: Cool. Looks like SpringOne2Gx has added more #groovy/#grails speakers to their list http://t.co/VtT7NYCMWl
- @gr8conf: #gr8conf EU Early Bird discount ends in two weeks (April 5th). Register now: http://t.co/QYUd5ER2sE #groovy #grails #gradle #griffon #gpars
- @Paolo_80: Developed an IBM TAM switch user with #grails in 2 days and thanks to #jetty this web app will use SPDY. Awesome. #fb
- @marcoVermeulen: Discovered this cool method in the #groovy gdk for truncating strings. “abcdefg”.take(3) == “abc”
- @tomaslin: It’s been five years since I stumbled upon a little framework called #grails. Time flies.
- @DailyGrailsTip: Console enhancements plugin allows you to make grails output easier to read – http://t.co/bBebvVeqJw
- @aalmiray: in need of #groovy #grails #javafx expertise? look no further http://t.co/kIcc9lN43U hire me anywhere in the world
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- SpringSource job search at jobs.vmware.com
- @MithunGunalan: Looking to hire at least 3 Engineers w/ Java or groovy or grails experience, an Application Architect and a Platform Architect.Let Me know.
- Full Stack Developer at CompStak in NYC
- @mikesalera: Any #groovy (or Java) folks looking for a progressive looking DevOps role in SF? #MongoDB, #logstash, Terracotta, #tomcat7
- @DamonViers: Hiring #java #grails developers at CWT. Sub-contractors welcome!
- @smd: Still looking for a #Grails developer in the Seattle area for an interesting, short term project.
- @stevetimps: Looking for #Groovy #Grails developers in Kansas City. Strong #Java and #Spring will work if you’re willing to get into #groovy #grails.
- @henshawsburgh: @CelerityITLLC is looking to hire #groovy #grails #devs here in #DC. Who’s in?
- Senior Java Engineer at CSI Enterprises in NYC
- @integrallis: We are looking for a Groovy / Grails developer to join our team in Scottsdale, AZ #groovy #Grails ping @bsbodden if interested
- Intermediate Java Developer in Raleigh-Durham, NC Area and Arlington, VA
- Grails Programmer in Jakarta
- Groovy/Grails Developer in Denver, CO
- Senior Java (Groovy Grails) Developer in Kansas City, MO
- Grails Developer at Anteo Group in College Park, GA
- Grails Developer in Brentford, Middlesex
- Groovy & Grails Specialist in Chicago, IL
- Sr. Java Consultant with Groovy/Grails Experience in San Diego, CA
- Solution Architect (Groovy / Grails) in Redmond, WA
User groups and Conferences
GR8Conf Europe 2013
- May 22nd-24th Copenhagen, Denmark
GR8Conf US 2013
- July 21st-23rd Minneapolis, MN
SpringOne 2GX 2013
- September 9th-12th Santa Clara, CA
Project Assessment Group Discussion: OpenBoxes – April 3, 2013
- Boston Grails Users’ Group
Network, talk shop, and listen to a talk: Clustering Quartz in Grails – April 4, 2013
- Austin Groovy and Grails Users