The big news this week was the excellent GR8Conf EU 2011 in København. Lots of great talks, information sharing, and beer. Many thanks to the guys from Gennemtænkt IT for organizing things. The two sessions I thought were the best were Hamlet D’Arcy’s Effective Groovy and Václav Pech’s on GPars. It was also cool to go to the Hackergarten since that’s something I’d like to do regularly here in Boston and wanted to get some ideas on how to run them. The sessions from Wednesday and Thursday were videotaped and should be on parleys.com soon.
- @frankvilhelmsen: A a few snapshots pictures from the #gr8conf conference: http://bit.ly/ltnsWi
- @rfletcherEW: View from the hotel. Weather matches my hangover. #gr8conf http://instagr.am/p/EWQXO/
- @vaclav_pech: Just merged a #gr8conf #hackergarten contribution into #gpars. Thanks a lot, guys!
- @rfletcherEW: Grails contributors being named & shamed by @pledbrook at #gr8conf http://instagr.am/p/EZFLN/
- @darthvader42: everytime you call a maven target from a gradle build, a kitten gets killed #gr8conf
- @glaforge: I think @hamletdrc should write a book called Effective #Groovy after his talk at #gr8conf
- @rfletcherEW: Beer arrives. #gr8conf #want http://instagr.am/p/EZypM/
- @rfletcherEW: Looks like some cross-pollination of ideas in the IDE space going on here at #gr8conf http://instagr.am/p/EbTXb/
- @aalmiray: #gr8conf @vaclav_pech has his audience mesmerized with #gpars. You can hear people gasping with awe
- @mittie: quote of the day: “I *LOVE* DataFlow!” @vaclav_pech #gr8conf #gpars
- @darthvader42: the downside of attending #gr8conf is that my “look-at-this-cool-stuff-later-on” list gets longer and longer
- @xlson: Big round of applause to @sbglasius & crew for arranging a truly GR8 conference! #gr8conf
- @gr8conf: The #gr8conf closing panel http://yfrog.com/hsuqekfmj
- @rfletcherEW: Some links for those who enjoyed my #gr8conf talk: http://t.co/quWIL7E http://t.co/veujT0T http://t.co/V5RKYel http://t.co/kzsdLTG
Translations of this post:
- @mittie’s #gr8conf takeaways
- Language of the Month: Groovy++, How Java and Groovy Can Be Better
- Resources plugin and modular web components for Grails apps
- User tracking logging in Grails
- Oracle Stored Procs in Grails
- Exploring Groovy 1.8 Part 1 – Is the code really optimized?
- This Week in Spring: May 17th, 2011
There were 4 new plugins released:
- equals-hashcode-test version 0.1. Base Spock specification for testing equals and hashCode methods of domain classes and other Groovy objects
- notifications version 0.2.1. Implements a publish-subscribe model to push information to subscribers through different communication channels
- simple-modal version 1.0. Aims to make the use of jQuery SimpleModal easier
- unshorten version 1.0.3. Expand links that have been shortened by any redirecting Link Shortener without the use of a third-party API
and 23(!) updated plugins:
- activiti-spring-security version 0.4.3. Integrates Spring Security to Activiti as custom IdentityService
- autobase version 0.12.2. Database migrations
- cached-resources version 1.0. Provides a “hash and cache” mapper for the resources framework, automatically creating safe unique filenames for your resources and setting them to eternally cache in the browser
- ckeditor version 18.104.22.168. Implements the integration layer between Grails and the CKEditor web rich text editor.
- cloud-bees version 0.1.1. Adds scripts to integrate with the CloudBees client API
- dbunit-operator version 1.6. Create initial data with the help of DbUnit
- drools-gorm version 0.5.1. Integrates Drools 5.2 and jBPM 5 and provides persistent storage using GORM
- feature-flipper version 0.3.2. Provides a mechanism to turn features on and off
- fitnesse version 0.97. Makes it possible to use the popular Open Source testing framework Fitnesse in combination with Grails.
- flash-helper version 0.7.6. Simplifies and standardizes the process of adding/reading messages in the flash scope
- google-visualization version 0.4. Provides a taglib for the interactive charts of the Google Visualization API
- gorm-couchdb-elasticsearch version 0.4. Integrates CouchDB with ElasticSearch, indexing domain instances using the Couchdb _change feed
- joda-time version 1.2. Integrates the Joda Time date/time library into Grails
- jquery version 22.214.171.124. Integrates jQuery
- mongodb version 1.0.0.M6.1. Aims to provide an object-mapping layer on top of MongoDB
- mongodb-multitenant version 0.1.2-ALPHA. Enables multitenancy for MongoDB
- paypal version 0.6.4. Adds PayPal integration
- redis version 1.0.0.M6. Integrates the Redis key/value datastore into Grails, providing a GORM-like API onto it
- release version 1.0.0.M2. Publishes Grails plugins either to a public or private repository
- zipped-resources version 1.0. Integrates with Grails’ resources framework to automatically gzip static files
- zk version 1.0.4. Adds ZK Ajax framework (www.zkoss.org) support to Grails applications
- zk-ee version 1.0.4. Enterprise Addons for the ZK plugin
I just noticed that there are currently 599 plugins registered at the plugin portal – yours could be #600.
- @rgirodon: “Do it in weeks instead of months” they’re right, do it with #grails and / or #griffon mates
- @kpshek: protip: ‘grails test-app -rerun’ will run just the tests that last failed. #thingsishouldvelearnedlongago
- @pmcneil: pro tip: use TDD to develop your #grails controllers or they’ll quickly become untestable … I know
- @jameschesters: Just published: @pledbrook on #Grails1.4 @skillsmatter — watch the video here http://bit.ly/lX8QfF #groovy #ggug #ggx
- @marceloverdijk: grails install-plugin mongodb; grails uninstall-plugin hibernate #havingfunwithgrails #cfoundry
- @nusairat: #grails 1.4 “Public methods in controllers are now treated as actions” … NICE closures never really made sense for actions.
- @rfletcherEW: I was very impressed with how easy it was to deploy & update a #Grails app on #CloudFoundry. Much better experience than Elastic Beanstalk
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- Sr. Java/Groovy/Grails Engineer at VirtualTourist.com in Manhattan Beach, CA
- Looking for a TOP Grails Programmer 6-month project involving ERP system transition from outdated software to Grails on MSSQL Server
- Senior Java / Grails Developer at Secret Escapes in London, UK
- Grails/MVC Developer – San Francisco/Walnut Creek, CA
- Groovy/Grails Developer – San Francisco
- Software Engineer at Dex One in Santa Monica, CA
- @tarbard: I’m still hiring #groovy #grails (or ruby on rails with Java) devs (including senior) in Glasgow. Please RT
- @darthvader42: one of my customers (cool and well founded startup) looking for a skilled #grails #groovy developer in #Munich , contact me and/or do a RT
- @nuttycom: If you’re interested in a gig writing #scala and/or #groovy for a startup in Boulder, ping me.
- @sigmundl: Looking for a grails developer for a freelance project, contact me!
- Software Engineer – Grails Web Service in Bellevue, WA
- @integrallis: Integrallis is looking for a #groovy / #grails developer (FT or contract)
- @JudyvAZ: Searching for valley java talent with grails experience…several opportunities to chose from Contact us www.tsscorp.com #javajobs, #itjobs
@Ashokkumar09: we are looking for Groovy grails developer(2-5years)
Must be well versed in Groovy on Grails Development and Java.
- @GCSdigitalmedia: urgently recruiting for a Java developer with groovy on grails experience. If interested please call me on 0207 7104121 or email me at hayl…