Maybe it’s due to the timing of when I started these posts (around the holidays), but it does seem like each week there are more interesting items to discuss than the previous one. Not that I’m complaining of course 🙂
I wanted to draw some attention to some important items in particular. One is that there’s a new Nabble forum for Plugins, with sub-categories for common themes like security, search, etc. You can post by email or via the web. It’s embedded at grails.org here but you can also get to it directly here. Hopefully this will help focus things so plugin discussions tend to happen at this forum, and more general discussions will continue on the mailing list.
Another is a great post at Tomas Lin’s blog, 7 Business Requirements Often Forgotten By Grails Developers. These are some very important topics to consider (for any app really, not just Grails) and it generated quite a Tweet storm.
Translations of this post:
- Groovy / Grails User Groups
- My GORM talk at SpringOne
- Preventing double POSTs using g:actionSubmit and jQuery
- Groovy CodeNarc plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
- A Pattern to Simplify Grails Controllers
- Database Connection Pooling In Grails – solving the idle timeout issue
- Grails in the cloud with ease
- Dissecting an Amazon Elastic Beanstalk instance
- Grails Goodness: RSS Feeds for Newest and Recently Updated Plugins
- Inside GDK
- Groovy Koans en el Spring I/O
- Effective Groovy with CodeNarc 0.12
Groovy: Sort list of objects on the basis of more than one field
- The post is rather simplistic but there’s good info in the comments
- Grails or The Grails?
- Cross-site Scripting (XSS) Prevention in Tomcat 7
- An easier way to add Spock to an Eclipse/STS project
- Aperçu de mon application (simple) d’e-commerce multi-vendeurs réalisée avec le framework web Grails ! 😉
- Cross Site Request Forgeries (CSRF) and Grails
- Feature Flipping Grails Plugin: Part 1
- Small DSL in Groovy
- This week in Spring: January 25th, 2011
Tell everyone about your public Grails Apps This is an interesting discussion in the LinkedIn Grails group that pointed out several interesting sites and some I hadn’t seen before:
There was one new plugin released:
- extended-validation version 0.1. Provides partial validation of (groups) of fields, cascaded validation and instance validators for non-domain objects.
There were also several updated plugins:
- blueprint version 1.0.2. Provides Blueprint CSS framework resource files and tags
- codenarc version 0.9. Static code analysis for Groovy
- freemarker-tags version 0.5.8. Use Grails Dynamic Tag Libraries as Freemarker directives
- grails-melody version 1.0. Integrates the JavaMelody system monitoring tool
- ic-alendar version 0.3. Export event data in the iCalendar format – not sure why it’s 1.3.6+ though
- infinispan version 0.3.9. Adds support for the JBoss Infinispan distributed cache
- @mittie: my current schedule is simply insane. Looks like everybody is doing #Groovy & #Grails these days.
- @tomaslin: We just went live! our site built with Grails is now online – sign up for Secret Escapes now! – http://bit.ly/gZ5jJq
- @sarbogast: Just found an even better JS calendar then fullcalendar: http://t.co/QtUyGkI Can’t wait to see that integrated into a #Grails plugin
- @absolut1978: Having fun with #jquery, #jquery-ui and #grails… Damn cool stack for rapid development
- @ccamachog: En modo Grails……. 🙂
- @asual: Join us at #springio next month in Madrid to learn more about #spring, #summer, #grails and #scala: http://t.co/ZIvsXQ7
- @graemerocher: “Creating secure grails application powered by mongodb” http://bit.ly/hkkvc8 #grails #gorm #nosql
- @afjacobson: Looking for Grails developers. Contact me.
- @HamletDRC: Tonights Groovy quiz is about dead code: http://is.gd/cgDlKj Whee, static analysis is fun!
- @jkuipers: building 1.0.0.RELEASE version of Groovy & Grails course, incl. the latest STS 2.5.2 tooling and Groovy plugins (tag completion in GSPs!)
- @sarbogast: Exploring #spock for unit testing #grails services and having fun so far.
- @mittie: #groovy and #grails have now very much proliferated into the industry and into academia. Looks like all major players use it to some extend.
- @glen_a_smith: Loving the new grails.tomcat.jvmArgs setting in BuildConfig.groovy. Apparently it’s been around since 1.3.5, but it just saved my day!
- @ldaley: Awesome additions to the Grails JMS plugin by @berngp. Community developed software at it’s best.
- @pmcneil: wrote my first Groovy DSL and a Rules Engine after lunch – adding SOAP and REST service should take another hour I reckon – <3 Groovy/Grails
- @hartsock: If anyone is looking for Groovy/Grails resources I have some cycles free.
- @gdboling: We did both client and server; iOS app talking to a Grails RESTful platform..http://youbiq.com/site/app
- @johnrellis: #grails developer?? check out named queries! awesome way to keep you code neat and obey encapsulation! http://bit.ly/fOrCw4
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- Java and Grails Developers and Architects at JDriven in the Netherlands
- Java/Grails developer at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls, WI
- Senior Java / Grails developer in London at Secret Escapes
- 12 month contract in Atlanta, GA – server-side, web services, Weblogic
- Grails developer at Viaboxx near Bonn
- QuickHit in Foxboro, MA (repost)
- Grails Developer at Riot Games in Culver City, CA
- @jungho_kim: Want to build some kick-ass software? http://bit.ly/hzn6Dp #Salesforce.com #Java #Grails #GWT #Search #fb
- @alvaro_sanchez: Algún desarrollador #Grails freelance, en Madrid, con tiempo disponible? Please RT 🙂
- @rverlind: Looking for several #grails developers (Belgium). DM for details and contact information.
Java/Unix/Grails Engineer in London
- Contact email@example.com if you’re not in the Grails LinkedIn group
Up to 4 Grails developers needed at posse.com in Sydney, AU
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not in the Grails LinkedIn group
- Crash-hot Grails developer required in Sydney, Australia at http://www.siteminder.com/
Applications Architect – Director of Development (Los Angeles) Java-Groovy-Grails
- Contact email@example.com if you’re not in the Grails LinkedIn group
User groups and Conferences
- Spring IO 2011 in Madrid, Spain
GR8 Conference Europe 2011, Copenhagen
- May 17th-19th – currently in “Call for Papers” phase
- @kahoga: #gotocph Groovy & Grails GeekNight, Marts 24th in Copenhagen. Speaker @sbglasius. Check:http://bit.ly/hktGg1 #javagruppen #dit
- @daveklein: In or near Istanbul, Turkey & use Groovy, Grails, Griffon, etc? Support a new user group at http://g2groups.net/proposed/99
Jeff Brown’s “Polyglot Web Development with Grails”
Show / Tell
- New York Groovy / Grails Meetup
Agile Database Modelling and a Preview of Grails 1.4
- San Francisco Grails Cafe Centro