We finally got the JIRA instances moved from Codehaus to jira.grails.org. In the old JIRA each plugin was a Component in one huge project, and working with components and the many versions was rather frustrating. Now each plugin gets its own project and developers are free to create components and versions within projects, but it will be a lot more manageable. Much thanks to Peter Ledbrook for managing this project – it was a lot of work over several weeks. There is account and login info here and information for plugin developers here.
Translations of this post:
- Named Queries with Projections in Grails
- SpringSource Grails Integration with ZK — Your Quest for Ajax Productivity Ends Here
- Modularizing your Grails Application – Domain Classes
- Upgrading Grails 1.3.x to use Hibernate 3.3.2
- A Groovy way to retry method calls in case of exceptions
- Running Griffon with an alternate Groovy version
- Griffon: Dealing with uncaught exceptions
- Griffon on tour: Europe
- Griffon: Building dialogs with MVC
- New SpringSource Developer Channel on YouTube
Groovy for Java Programmers
- Jeff Brown’s talk at QCon SF 2010
- Griffon: Your first plugin/addon
- Groovy++ 0.4.180 released
- Early Access: SpringSource Tool Suite for Eclipse Indigo (3.7)
- This week in Spring: March 22nd, 2011
There were 3 new plugins released:
- flickr version 0.1. Tags to display flickr photos
- lesscss-resources version 0.1. Optimises the use of http://www.lesscss.org css files, compiling .less files into their .css counterprt, and place the css into the processing chain to be available to the other resource plugin features
There were 10 updated plugins:
- chargify version 1.1. Provides a simplified intermediate service to integrate with chargify web services to manage billing for your subscriptions-based business.
- elasticsearch version 0.15.2.1. Adds support for the http://www.elasticsearch.com/ RESTful search engine
- facebook-graph version 0.9. Provides access to the Facebook Graph API and makes easier the development of a single sign-on using the Facebook Authentication proposal.
- fitnesse version 0.9. Makes it possible to use the popular Open Source testing framework Fitnesse in combination with Grails.
- gemfire version 1.0.0.M2. The GemFire plugin provides integration with the GemFire in-memory distributed data management platform.
- google-visualization version 0.3. Provides a taglib for the interactive charts of the Google Visualization API
- grid-tags version 0.6. Provides a set of tags to easily utilize the power of CSS frameworks like Blueprint and Bluetrip
- infinispan version 0.4.0. Adds support for the JBoss Infinispan distributed cache
- jquery version 1.5.1. Integrates jQuery
- @marcoVermeulen: Love the #grails build-test-data plugin. Makes building fixtures way easier. #tdd
- @observadegrails: Recuerda, tu foro en español para #grails está en el #observatoriodegrails – http://forodegrails.com – #forodegrails
- @HamletDRC: Groovy AST Transformations slides from London Groovy Grails User Group: http://goo.gl/3INyz
- @ddelponte: Just setup Artifactory to host plugins we develop for local use. It couldn’t have been easier thanks to Peter Ledbrook! http://bit.ly/akK6s9
- @pstehlik: The @sfgrails presentation about #agile DB modeling and #grails 1.4 preview by @livingtocode is available at http://bit.ly/erm15f
- @AppDynamics: AppDynamics now supports JRuby and Grails. Try it yourself with my free java performance download: http://ow.ly/4jAON
- @HamletDRC: Over 90 minutes of my “Groovy AST” talk is posted on the Skills Matter site: http://goo.gl/KPVYl
- @PeterBell: “Engineering your DSLs” – my Boston #grails preso is online. Thanks to Mitch and the Cantina team! http://bit.ly/i2tSJZ
- @rubygeekdotcom: Looking for #groovy #grails devs in austin for a meetup?
- @wanswins: “Scaffolding isn’t a primary benefit of Grails. It enables cool 5 minute demos, but the real world benefits of Grails are much deeper” #java
- @dleuck: I’m happy with STS 2.6 w/ the Grails extension. The context menus finally do everything I want them to.
- @MohamedBraham: If you’re going to open source your Grails app, consider adding it to http://www.grails.org/OpenSource+Projects
- @graemerocher: #grails 1.4 now using #hibernate 3.6 http://t.co/mEdvF3T
- @jeffscottbrown: Working on Grails persistence API. GORM is one of my favorite pieces of Grails. Really compelling stuff. #gorm #grails
- @zachlendon: Love that my current project tests key GSPs using GroovyPagesTestCase. Too many Grails projects I’ve seen ignore testing this layer.
- @gr8conf: Java, Groovy and Grails User Groups: Contact us email@example.com to participate in the User Group benefit program for #gr8conf eu
- @gr8conf: GR8Conf EarlyBird: University €245, 2 days Conference €375, University+Conference €595. +25 speakers, +25 sessions. #groovy #grails
- @frangarcia: ¿Sabéis que hemos creado el Grupo de Usuarios de Groovy&Grails del Levante? http://bit.ly/hXAM8a. Murcia, Alicante, Valencia, Castellón, etc
- @wangjammer5: Seriously, a big THANK YOU to @pledbrook and the #grails gang and SpringSource for the imminent new Grails+Plugins JIRA instance. AMEN.
- @grailsframework: #grails JIRA migration complete – info here: http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/ANN-JIRA-migration-finished-td3405897.html Enjoy!
- @dewarim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfz_HJQWBds My first youtube video – tutorial how to translate Little Goblin. #Grails #IntelliJ
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- Java/Grails Developer at ECHOage in Toronto
- Principal Software Engineer – Groovy and Grails at Fidelity Investments in Westlake, TX
- Java Developer with Grails – Scottsdale, AZ
- Web Developer (PHP, Grails) at GameSalad in Austin, TX
- Ruby Grails Developer
- Grails developer – Telecommute
- @thorntech: I am looking for a #grails developer for a 6 month – 1 year on-site project in the Washington DC area. #mobile experience a plus.
- Java/J2EE Developer in Dublin, Ireland
- @kylesbahr: looking for a Java Developer with Groovy/Grails experience. 602-776-1105 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Grails Developer at Webs, Inc.. Silver Spring, MD
- Java Developer with Grails and Groovy exp – Baltimore, MD (contract)
- Java J2EE Agile Java EE specialisten! (Java / Grails / Flex /60K/ Utrecht)
User groups and Conferences
- May 11-14, 2011 Krakow, Poland
GR8 Conference Europe 2011
- May 17th-19th in Copenhagen
GR8 Conference US 2011
- June 27th-28th in Minneapolis, MN
Søren Berg Glasius: Groovy og Grails for Javaudviklere
- GOTO GeekNight, April 12, 2011
Natural Language Testing and Infinispan Data Grid, 18 Apr 2011
- London GGUG