Rob Fletcher released a new plugin this week for JSON serialization/deserialization using Google’s Gson library.
SpringOne 2GX 2013 has been announced, and it will be September 9-12 in Santa Clara, CA.
Tomas Lin created an interesting looking Grails template project on GitHub that is pre-configured for testing.
Translations of this post:
There were 5 new plugins released:
- casper-runner version 0.2. Runs functional CapserJS tests
- goblin version 0.3.2. A browser game framework
- gson version 1.0. Provides alternate JSON (de)serialization using Google’s Gson library
- simple-suggestions version 0.1. Suggestion service to provide suggestions to auto complete controls
- geasyui version 0.3. Supplies jQuery EasyUI resources and taglibs
and 12 updated plugins:
- aws-sdk version 1.3.32. Use the Amazon Web Services infrastructure services
- codenarc version 0.18.1. Static code analysis for Groovy
- dumbster version 0.2. Adds support for the Dumbster SMTP server for testing
- improx version 0.2. Use interactive mode from other process via TCP
- jetty version 2.0.3. Makes Jetty the development time container
- kickstart-with-bootstrap version 0.9.2. Start your project with a good looking frontend, with adapted scaffolding templates for standard CRUD pages using Twitter Bootstrap
- less-resources version 188.8.131.52. Compile .less files into .css files
- localizations version 184.108.40.206. Store i18n strings in a database
- plastic-criteria version 0.6. Mock Grails Criteria for Unit Tests
- release version 2.2.1. Publishes Grails plugins either to a public or private repository
- vaadin version 1.7.1. Adds Vaadin (http://vaadin.com/) integration
- @danveloper: Example of using #GDI with #Ratpack to make a really strong and simple #Groovy web service. https://t.co/Jq4gcycy
@fogelmania: Functional Programming 101 in Groovy – Evgeny Goldin slides from his #DevconTLV talk
@evgeny_goldin http://t.co/6vp0E88c #Groovy
- @kenkousen: Decided to put my Spock presentation from #devnexus and #nfjs on @slideshare http://t.co/LSKT2xxx #spock #groovy
- @zilet: #Grails scaffold starter project with twitter bootstrap and font awesome for your retina sweetness https://t.co/LjjOYe4j
- @Parleys: Devoxx releases “What’s new in #Groovy 2.0?” by Guillaume Laforge @ http://t.co/YPnSpBHO #SpringSource #Grails
- @finixer: http://t.co/EkqHjNiW is now using #redis on #grails 2 as a caching layer at http://t.co/oOCKHarF It’s lightning fast! #finixertechnical
- @pmcneil: Just released the #grails Simple Suggestions plugin http://t.co/Xz2DLvoTDd. Autocomplete made easy by convention.
@grailsmx: Podcast de GrailsMX, Temporada 2 episodio 2
- @rstepanenko: My blog post about Open Source: http://t.co/XKsiI1nJ4n. Also check out some comments on HN: http://t.co/pB2w1529WQ #grails #opensource
- @tomaslin: Grails mailing list tells me German devs make $750 a day. Guess it is time to learn German.
- @rfletcherEW: Didn’t know about the resource style URL mappings in #grails – very neat http://t.co/tL0ImOk5CN
- @fabricematrat: Great Session of #RivieraGug and #JSSophia on HTML5 Games with #grails backend http://t.co/axVy2VoRzG @corinnekrych @mathbruyen #groovy
- @DailyGrailsTip: Using #grails at tradeshift – http://t.co/kbozJKgwJg
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- SpringSource job search at jobs.vmware.com
- @pughy23: Looking for 2 strong web development Java specialist with commercial experience with Groovy / Grails. If you are available contact me asap …
- @GCSdigitalmedia: Looking for Java Developers with Groovy and Grails exp… interested? Kevin on 020 7710 4141
- @DamonViers: CWT is #hiring 2 #grails developers. Let me know if you are interested.
- @smd: Any #grails devs in the Seattle area looking for work?
- Java Web Developer at Manning Books
- @patrick_fraley: We are looking for a fulltime #groovy #grails Developer in #Hamburg, #Germany. #job pm me for details.
- Senior Software Engineer – Cloud Tools at Netflix in Los Gatos, CA
- Profesionales grails para trabajar en remoto – Madrid
- Grails Developer in Montevideo
- @baderdean: Offre d’#emploi en développement Web sur le framework #Grails en langage #Groovy dérivé de Java. #DM pour contact.
- Grails/Groovy Developers Needed in Northern VA
- Grails developer in Columbus, OH
- Java / Grails Developer positions in Tampa, FL and Orlando, FL
- Grails/Mobile Developer in Warwick, Warwickshire
- Java/JEE/Grails Engineers at Oracle in Austin, TX
User groups and Conferences
GR8Conf Europe 2013
- May 22nd-24th Copenhagen, Denmark
GR8Conf US 2013
- July 21st-23rd Minneapolis, MN
SpringOne 2GX 2013
- September 9th-12th Minneapolis, MN
Grails and Ale – March 6, 2013
- TechLife Columbus
March 14, 2013
- Seattle Groovy/Grails Users Group
Designing and Implementing a RESTful API with Grails – March 20, 2013
- San Francisco Grails Cafe Centro