Grails 2.0.2 and 1.3.8 were released this week, primarily to address parameter binding issues. See the release notes for 2.0.2 and Jeff’s blog post on the data binding issues. You should also read the SpringSource security advisory CVE-2012-1833 and Marc Palmer’s blog post “Inside the Grails dependency injection binding vulnerability”.
It turns out that the new whitelisting features in 2.0.2 were a bit too aggressive, so expect a 2.0.3 release soon to address that. 1.3.8 isn’t affected since it only fixes the dependency injection issue and updated the url for the central plugin repository.
The path to the Groovy jar in the 2.0.2 lib directory changed, and this affects importing projects in STS. Check out this post for how to update to a version with the fix. Graeme also pointed out that you can copy the lib directory contents from a 2.0.1 install onto the 2.0.2 lib directory.
Marco Vermeulen has updated the Linux releases of 1.3.8 and 2.0.2.
Marc Palmer has been busy, releasing an early version of his “Platform Core Plugin”. Also see this post for more details. And you can get paid support for the plugin through Grailsrocks. Also check out Marc’s post “Hooking up Platform Core Security API to your Security Provider”.
Translations of this post:
There were 5 new plugins released:
- dustjs version 0.2. Supports server-side compilation of .dust template files to their .js counterparts
- platform-core version 1.0.M1. Provides functionality for plugins to use to achieve greater integration with each other and with applications
- xsd-reverse-engineer version 0.2.1. Convert XSD document to GORM objects
- events-si version 1.0.M1. Standard Events system for Grails implementation; it is a Spring Integration implementation and uses its artefacts to map listeners, senders and events messages
- less-resources version 188.8.131.52. Compile .less files into .css files
and 4 updated plugins:
- @IraklisAlex: I just got an Exception at line 666, debug or exorcise? #evil #grails
- @smaldini: Spring Integration with #Grails and Platform Plugin #si http://t.co/roaJb8ik – warning: API is still subject to changes
- @kubek2k: #funnyfact: top #java language on #github is #groovy 😀
- @mgryszko: My Polyglot Grails talk video from Spring IO 2012 (Spanish) http://t.co/F5rwLWKM
- @gr8conf: Get the first peek at the #gr8conf EU agenda http://t.co/2XvwEs6o Now with the University day online. More to follow! #grails #groovy
- @devnexus: Ken Kousen’s 3 #DevNexus 2012 presentations are now posted: http://t.co/Iu4en2h8 #gradle #groovy #grails @kenkousen
- @pledbrook: Thanks to @rlovtangen for pointing me in the direction of this Groovy REST client: https://t.co/HMxJX0a7 – no dependency on HttpClient!
- @domix: Ya esta el video de la charla que di en Madrid en el #springio sobre escalabilidad con Grails #ahpm http://t.co/8wnZoMcL
- @CedricChampeau: To #groovy AST xform writers: *never* change the generics types of a cached class node! https://t.co/4J77X04N
- @mengukagan: visit @accavdar‘s new #grails startup at http://t.co/WMwnQ8jU – many more songs & artist channels are available.
- @timfox: #Groovy #vert.x api is ready for review http://t.co/UbGp6h4x Along with examples http://t.co/oJGEfQB2 Feedback much appreciated
- @winkler1: Continuous Testing for Grails slides, from Boston #grails meetup – http://t.co/HXEQYtWG
- @winkler1: Infinitest can auto-run #spock, #grails, #junit test within Eclipse/IDEA. Auto-test plugin does same, in shell. http://t.co/aLIXrkrk
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- SpringSource job search at jobs.vmware.com
- Senior Software Engineer (JAVA, Groovy, PHP, Spring, Agile) in London at BBC Future Media
- @glaforge: A Geneva-based B2B online travel startup is looking for #grails talents. Ping Andy Ryan for info firstname.lastname@example.org #jobs
- Great Contract opportunity in Cambridge!!
- Developer (contract) at Loxbridge Research LLP in London
- Looking for a Java Developer with Groovy / Grails experience in Long Island, NY
- VA: Groovy/Grails contract
- @teravintech: Open position Web App Dev and Junior Java Developer, exp in Spring Hibernate and Grails will be advantage. Submit cv to email@example.com
- @vydra: My team in Foster City is looking for an agile-friendly Grails developer.
- Sr. Java/Grails developer at Object Partners in Minneapolis, MN
- Grails/Java Developer in NYC
- @csterwa: An ex-colleague of mine @thvo is looking for #grails developers for jobs at Precor fitness equipment company, contact @thvo if interested
- Webentwickler Java/Grails (m/w) – allesklar.com AG, Siegburg
- Sviluppatore grails, Roma
- Senior Software Engineer (contract) at Precor in Seattle, WA
- @pkralle: Looking for freelance #Groovy Java developers in Saigon HCMC Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam or in Shanghai, China.
- Urgent opening for web developer in Bangalore
- Grails developer needed for London based development project
- Looking for several developers with experience with Grails, Spring, Spring Integration and RabbitMQ
- Contract Instructor – Groovy/Grails at Intertech
- Java Developer with strong Spring or Grails experience in Richmond Hill, ON
- Java Tech Lead – Grails/Groovy in Sydney