The big news of the week was the 1.3.7 release of Grails. This was a fairly small release with some important fixes, and will most likely be the last 1.3.x release. Groovy 1.7.8 and 1.8 RC1 were also released, so there’s a lot of interesting stuff to look at there too.
Translations of this post:
- Grails 1.3.7 Released
- Groovy 1.7.8 Released
- Groovy 1.8 RC1 Released
Rob Fletcher’s Scaffolding Rework
- Check it out and send tips, ideas, advice, bugs, and patches to email@example.com
- SOA with Groovy, Grails, and MongoDB
- GORM for MongoDB: New Milestone, Richer Experience
- Russ Miles’ & Tareq Abedrabbo’s Deep Dive DSLs with Groovy (2-day class at Skills Matter in London)
- Functional Testing a File Upload using HTTPBuilder / Spock
- Start Using Eclipse with Grails Support via STS
- Counting Many To Many Relationships With Grails
- New Japanese Groovy and Grails magazine
- Mailing List traffic comparison
- Deploy Grails Apps in 3 simple steps to Amazon Beanstalk
- JQuery Validation UI Plugin 1.2 Released
Groovy.DSLs (from: beginner, to: expert)
- Paul King’s and Guillaume Laforge’s DSL talk from SpringOne/2GX
- Use Log4j Extras Companion RollingFileAppender
- Use TimeAndSizeRollingAppender for Logging
- Series: DSLs in Groovy, Part 2
- This week in Spring: February 15th, 2011
There were 6 new plugins released:
- ajax-uploader version 0.2. Tag Library which implements Andrew Valum’s excellent file uploader
- jquery-datatables version 1.7.5. Supplies jQuery DataTables plugin resources to avoid resource duplication and conflicts
- spawn version 0.2. Allows you to specify a specific template for a domain class
- spring-security-appinfo version 1.0. Provides a basic UI to view the security configuration
- transactional-controller version 0.1. Wraps controller actions in transactions (although my strong preference would be to move persistence logic to a transactional service method).
- twitter4j version 0.1. Send and receive Twitter messages using the twitter4j library
There were also several updated plugins:
- database-migration version 0.2. Official Grails plugin for database migrations
- db-reverse-engineer version 0.3. Reverse-engineers a database to Grails domain classes.
- extended-validation version 1.0.1. Provides partial validation of (groups) of fields, cascaded validation and instance validators for non-domain objects.
- fixtures version 1.0.5. Load test data via a convenient DSL
- grails-melody version 1.1. Integrates the JavaMelody system monitoring tool
- jms version 1.1. Makes it easy to both send and receive JMS messages
- mongodb version 1.0-M3. Aims to provide an object-mapping layer on top of MongoDB
- nerderg-form-tags version 1.2. Bringing Readability, Convention, Consistency and CSS to form design
- rabbitmq version 0.3.1. Integrates with Rabbit MQ messaging
- rest version 0.6.1. Enables the usage of HTTPBuilder
- riak version 1.0.0.M3. GORM for the Riak NoSQL datastore
- spring-mobile version 0.2. Uses the Spring Mobile project to detect mobile devices
- spring-security-acl version 1.1. ACL support for the Spring Security plugin
- spring-security-cas version 1.0.2. Jasig CAS support for the Spring Security plugin
- spring-security-ldap version 1.0.2. LDAP authentication support for the Spring Security plugin
- spring-security-openid version 1.0.1. OpenID authentication support for the Spring Security plugin
- springcache version 1.3.1. Caches Spring bean methods and page fragments generated by Grails controllers
- ulc version 0.3.3. Provides access to the Canoo UltraLightClient (ULC) RIA kit
- weceem version 1.0-M2. A content management system
- weceem-spring-security version 1.0. Provides the glue needed to make Weceem plugin use Spring Security for authorisation and authentication
- @ldaley: Next version of Geb has better support for running tests direct from IDE against running apps for Grails and non Grails projects.
- @akarazniewicz: When it comes to web development, #Grails and #STS beat anything I’ve seen hands down by huge margin. I mean mind-boggling HUGE margin.
- @yangjdong: groovy,grails内容也比较丰富,国内的http://www.groovyq.net/不错.
- @pledbrook: First ‘Contributing to #grails‘ screencast covering pull requests: http://grails.org/screencast/show/21
- @webtechman: Geek match made in heaven: http://www.grails.org + http://www.zkoss.org = http://www.grails.org/ZK+Plugin #happyvalentinesday
- @glaforge: My #jfokus presentation on the #groovy ecosystem http://slidesha.re/hHB5ER (#gradle #spock #grails #gpars #codenarc #gaelyk #easyb…)
- @_cr381ve: I’ve used grag in the past but the #grails db-reverse-engineer plugin is great! I now have a domain for my legacy db!
- @weceem: New #Grails plugin weceem-spring-security 1.0 is released. Provides bridge between your app, Spring Security and Weceem. Docs coming soon.
- @jondejong: Looks like STS has made some serious #grails improvements. Time to save the $250 Intelij cost? http://bit.ly/hDWdY4
- @ctkdev: Tentative release of http://vetview.uga.edu prior to formal PR Announcement. Built the VetView website from scratch in Grails in 4 days.
- @epragt: Watching the first results of the #grails #melody installation. It seems my garbage collector needs some tuning.
@lgaches: #Grails , mongoDB (1.0-M2) and Spring security core (1.1) . Here my little contribution
- @aeischeid: mixins, a powerful concept applied http://grails.org/plugin/dynamic-controller #grails #groovy #magical
- @cues7a: Interesante la charla de ticketbis. Grails sobre ec2 y escalado horizontal a saco, mola http://www.ticketbis.com/
- @JorgeUriarte: Slides de la charla de ayer “De cero a multinacional con Grails y EC2” subidas a http://kcy.me/20ed #springio #grails #ec2
- @frangarcia: ¿Quieres ahorrar dinero en tu funeral? Hay una aplicación hecha en Grails para eso: http://www.bestattungen.de #springio
- @caarlos0: Grails + Hibernate = ESQUEÇA O XML DE CONFIGURAÇÃO.
- Dice keyword search for Grails
- Monster keyword search for Grails
- Careerbuilder keyword search for Grails
- SpringSourceJob Twitter feed
- @pstehlik: Looking for Front-End and Back-End #Grails & #Groovy Developers for 3-6 month contract in San Francisco.
- J2EE/Grails developer (contract) in Austin, TX
- @JacobWolf83: Senior #Java / #Grails Developer Role in #LA #California. Message me for details. #mashable #tech #social #jobs #techcrunch #socaltech
- Senior Java Developer, Los Feliz, CA
- @maex242: Looking for Front-End and Back-End #Grails & #Groovy Developers for 3-6 month contract in San Francisco. firstname.lastname@example.org
- @illio_dk: leder efter 2-3 personer til et Java/Groovy on Grails projekt hos en virksomhed i Århus. Arbejdstid:20t+ el. fuld tid. Højbjerg el. hjemme.
- Chief Technologist in the Minneapolis, MN area
- @ashinohara: Looking for #grails #java developer in Washington, DC to work on applications in bioinformatics domain. Contact email@example.com
@JacobWolf83: Senior #Java / #Groovy on #Grails Developer Position in #LA #California.
Message me for details. #opensource #mashable #tech #social
- Music Industry – Innovative Web Developer required in Sydney, AU
- Senior Java developer with Grails in Alpharetta, GA
- Senior Java/Grails developer in Boston
- Junior Grails developer at Secret Escapes in London
- Groovy/Grails Developer in Minneapolis, MN
- @JacobWolf83: Multiple Senior #Java / #Groovy on #Grails positions in West LA #California. Message me for details. #mashable #tech
- Grails developer in Bracknell, UK
- Contract Groovy developer at StealthNetwork.com
- @MrsBaileyMN: looking for groovy and grails developers for full time jobs in Minneapolis… reach out –@mrsbaileymn
- Grails Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
- Grails developer in Atlanta, GA
User groups and Conferences
GR8 Conference Europe 2011
- May 17th-19th in Copenhagen – currently in “Selecting speakers and talks” phase
- May 11-14, 2011 Krakow, Poland